todfunchat.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearing out stuff I don't want

2 posters

Go down

Clearing out stuff I don't want Empty Clearing out stuff I don't want

Post  Zarathustra Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:39 am

Yesterday I remembered a small, upright cabinet where Mrs Z kept her CDs. "Remembered" is the wrong word; it's in the front room and I have seen it every day, but taken no notice.

It is over a year since Mrs Z passed away, and nearly a year since her funeral. During that time, I have never opened that cabinet. This means that those CDs have not been played in all that time.

Now, I don't listen to music. I have no interest in it whatever. I have never bought a CD for myself, though I have as presents for others. I tolerate music in pubs etc., so long as it isn't too loud, but that is as far as it goes.

However, I realise that others do enjoy it, and feel that these CDs, while they can bring me no pleasure, may well please others. I would rather, and I'm sure that Mrs Z would agree, that these CDs could give pleasure to other people than sit unplayed in a cabinet.

Of course, Son and Daughter of Z have first pick, but what remains is open, and free, to any friends who want them.

I spoke with Tiger yesterday, and he said that charities would take them, but I don't know which charities, and would rather be sure that they would be appreciated.

Please don't ask me about artists until I've sorted them out. There may be some of Kwak's favourite Indian singer, Hari Webb, but I bet I've never even heard of many of the artists.

Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Clearing out stuff I don't want Empty Re: Clearing out stuff I don't want

Post  kwak kwak Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:11 am

Evil or Very Mad "There may be some of Kwak's favourite Indian singer, Hari Webb"

That's right kick a man when he's down, I'm gonna tell Auntie Margaret over you Crying or Very sad
kwak kwak
kwak kwak

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarathustra Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:42 am

I think she knows.

I found one with 50 tracks on it. (It's a double CD) They include Vindaloo and Wine, Somewhere over the Ganges, Wake me up, let me Goa, Simla Holiday, Currie and many more of your favourites! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Actually, I've found a taker for some, but I'll save Hari for you.
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum