todfunchat.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St Valentine

4 posters

Go down

St Valentine Empty St Valentine

Post  mags Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:17 am

St Valentine Sorrydogvalentine

This is an advance warning for all those of you out there who want to keep your loved one

a) sweet
b) compliant
c) loving
d) cooking
e) cleaning
f) providing snacks sweets cakes and drinks on long shifts
g) etcetera etcetera etcetera

In 27 - yes 27 - days it is Valentine's Day. If you put a fiver a week away that will be enough to buy

a) a nice card
b) a red rose
c) an easy life for the next year.

Don't say you haven't been told Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Helpful Hints
St Valentine HappyValentinesdaybitches

This is not acceptable to most women and would result in

St Valentine Conversationheart

St Valentine Bouquet

this however would be and would result in

St Valentine Kiss-1

Smile Smile Smile Smile
mags
mags

Back to top Go down

St Valentine Empty Re: St Valentine

Post  cornish-pixie Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:40 am

Flowers again. Bought you some at christmas. Have you not still got them? XXX Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
cornish-pixie
cornish-pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  mags Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:08 am

YOU DID NOT Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad XXXXX
mags
mags

Back to top Go down

Post  cornish-pixie Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:54 am

Sorry, you're right, it was your birthday. You not still got those then? XXX
cornish-pixie
cornish-pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  mags Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:20 am

No. Because luckily for you they were real and not plastic, and real ones tend to die I love you I love you I love you I love you
mags
mags

Back to top Go down

Post  mags Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:23 am

Anyway shouldn't you be getting ready for work? I love you I love you I love you
mags
mags

Back to top Go down

Post  cornish-pixie Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Oooo, what a good idea. I'll get you some real artificial flowers next time. That way they'll last a lifetime. (Mind you, I may not.) XXX
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
cornish-pixie
cornish-pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  mags Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:25 am

Well I suppose its a step up from grave robbing. But only a step so don't take this as permission. You know I hate anything fake and plastic Shocked Shocked Shocked XXXXXXXXXX
mags
mags

Back to top Go down

Post  mags Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:11 am

only ten days to go now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mags
mags

Back to top Go down

Post  kwak kwak Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:40 am

Prefer April 16th myself for this particularly sensitive and understanding being :-

Saint Drogo: Patron Saint of Unattractive People

How'd He Become a Saint?
Drogo's mother died during childbirth, something he felt responsible for because, well he was responsible for it. Because of this he practiced the extreme penance of self flagellation (not to be confused with "X-treme penance", which is slamming a Mountain Dew while surfing a waterfall of lava).
At age 18 he disposed of all property and became a pilgrim, devoting his life to God. Witnesses claim in later life he could magically bilocate (appear in two places at once). This meant he worked the fields and attended Mass simultaneously, miraculously doubling his boredom.
So Why Unattractive People?
During a pilgrimage he was stricken with disease that caused gross deformities. The townsfolk were nice enough to offer him a small cell attached to the church where he wouldn't frighten babies anymore.
Showing an unbelievable amount of self respect he merely survived on water and the Eucharist, and didn't once charge a dollar to let kids peer through the window and throw peanuts at him. 12th century freaks were a classy bunch.
He's also the Patron Saint of coffee houses, presumably because that's where ugly people hang out when "finishing" their novels.
Possible Prayers:
"Oh Saint Drogo, I'm on homecoming court and I don't want a pimple. Could you help me? Preferably by making me look as little like you as possible?"
"So do you make unattractive people hot or just accept themselves for the way they are? Because I'd much rather it be the hot thing."

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile
kwak kwak
kwak kwak

Back to top Go down

Post  mags Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:53 am

You is bloody nuts you are Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mags
mags

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarathustra Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:06 pm

kwak kwak wrote:Prefer April 16th myself for this particularly sensitive and understanding being :-

Saint Drogo: Patron Saint of Unattractive People

How'd He Become a Saint?
Drogo's mother died during childbirth, something he felt responsible for because, well he was responsible for it. Because of this he practiced the extreme penance of self flagellation (not to be confused with "X-treme penance", which is slamming a Mountain Dew while surfing a waterfall of lava).
At age 18 he disposed of all property and became a pilgrim, devoting his life to God. Witnesses claim in later life he could magically bilocate (appear in two places at once). This meant he worked the fields and attended Mass simultaneously, miraculously doubling his boredom.
So Why Unattractive People?
During a pilgrimage he was stricken with disease that caused gross deformities. The townsfolk were nice enough to offer him a small cell attached to the church where he wouldn't frighten babies anymore.
Showing an unbelievable amount of self respect he merely survived on water and the Eucharist, and didn't once charge a dollar to let kids peer through the window and throw peanuts at him. 12th century freaks were a classy bunch.
He's also the Patron Saint of coffee houses, presumably because that's where ugly people hang out when "finishing" their novels.
Possible Prayers:
"Oh Saint Drogo, I'm on homecoming court and I don't want a pimple. Could you help me? Preferably by making me look as little like you as possible?"
"So do you make unattractive people hot or just accept themselves for the way they are? Because I'd much rather it be the hot thing."

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile
LOL. PMSL! You've summed it up Kwak!
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  mags Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 am

You two really should appeal to St Jude in both his capacities coz if one won't help the other one I'm sure will oblige Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
mags
mags

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarathustra Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:01 am

Where do we go to find this St Judas's capacities, Mags? And I believe he charges 30p a go!! Smile Smile
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  kwak kwak Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:57 am

Margaret you may wish to ponder this one from t'good old days although the ending rather spoils it, pass the word on to the Juniper if you wish as it could do her some good also :-

Saint Zita was born in Tuscany in the village of Monsagrati, not far from Lucca where, at the age of 1, she became a servant in the Fatinelli household. For a long time, she was unjustly despised, overburdened, reviled, and often beaten by her employers and fellow servants for her hard work and obvious goodness. The incessant ill-usage, however, was powerless to deprive her of her inward peace, her love of those who wronged her, and her respect for her employers. By this meek and humble self-restraint, Zita at last succeeded in overcoming the malice of her fellow-servants and her employers, so much so that she was placed in charge of all the affairs of the house.
kwak kwak
kwak kwak

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarathustra Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:21 am

Kwak, I'm sure that Mags knows all about St John, who played for Liverpool when she was but a slip of a wench.
St Valentine 009-1
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  kwak kwak Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:26 am

aye if you can be termed a " slip of " at 21 Razz Razz Razz
kwak kwak
kwak kwak

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarathustra Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:34 am

Please note, the image is in sepia, and that was NOT my doing!
Played for Liverpool 1961-71.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_St_John
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  kwak kwak Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:49 am

I may need St John's when she reads my posting Smile
kwak kwak
kwak kwak

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarathustra Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:52 am

kwak kwak wrote:I may need St John's when she reads my posting Smile
ST James;s more like!! Laughing Laughing
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  kwak kwak Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
kwak kwak
kwak kwak

Back to top Go down

Post  mags Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:20 am

I pray that St Vitus infects you both with his malady. study study study

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest etc etc etc Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mags
mags

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarathustra Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:18 pm

mags wrote:I pray that St Vitus infects you both with his malady. study study study

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest etc etc etc Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
First one. Neither of us dance.

SEcond one:
Is that St Ahmed?
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  kwak kwak Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:23 am

Presume she was part Indian Laughing Laughing Laughing
Saint Buriana was a 6th century Irish saint who was a hermit in St Buryan, near Penzance, in the kingdom of Dumnonia.

Buriana ministered from a chapel on the site of the parish church at St Buryan. She is said to have been the daughter of an Irish king and travelled to Dumnonia from Ireland as a missionary to convert the local people to Christianity. One legend tells how she cured the paralysed son of King Geraint of Dumnonia. Baring-Gould identifies her with the Irish Saint Bruinsech.

Buriana's feast day is 1 May
Her Roman cousin was Plenticus Poppadomium
kwak kwak
kwak kwak

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarathustra Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:24 pm

kwak kwak wrote:Presume she was part Indian Laughing Laughing Laughing
Saint Buriana was a 6th century Irish saint who was a hermit in St Buryan, near Penzance, in the kingdom of Dumnonia.

Buriana ministered from a chapel on the site of the parish church at St Buryan. She is said to have been the daughter of an Irish king and travelled to Dumnonia from Ireland as a missionary to convert the local people to Christianity. One legend tells how she cured the paralysed son of King Geraint of Dumnonia. Baring-Gould identifies her with the Irish Saint Bruinsech.

Buriana's feast day is 1 May
Her Roman cousin was Plenticus Poppadomium
That was me in a prevfous life, mate, before I became a man. I still like Biryani! Very Happy
Is she the patron saint of curry?
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum