todfunchat.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bus Drivers.. their patience!

2 posters

Go down

Bus Drivers.. their patience! Empty Bus Drivers.. their patience!

Post  Zarathustra Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:29 pm

I wish to express my admiration to the driver today who took me home, well nearly, from Tod.

I got on the bus at about 3.30 at the bus garage. There was a change of driver in Tod, and I went out for a smoke, as I had time. The new driver was already aboard and allowed me to do this. As I got off a man clearly well in his cups, boarded and asked how to get to Leeds. He asked for the train station. The driver very politely got out of the bus and gave him directions. The man stayed on the bus, insisting that the driver should take him in the right direction. The bus was going to Rochdale. The talk took about 10 minutes. This toerag then accused the driver of "arrogance", after he had been directed to the Halifax stand. How did that driver have the patience?
Then, outside the George, a lady got on with a Greater Manchester ticket, which apparently was not valid in West Yorkshire. The driver explained this, but the lady continued to argue. I'd have said "OK, love, f**k off." , but the driver went out of his way to explain the difference.
When I got off i had a joke withe driver about "cabarets on buses", which I think he appreciated.

I am also reminded of an incident a couple of years ago, when I was on the 594 from Halifax. Now, because of its schedule, the 594 is often late. Some moron got on in Hebden and argued about the delay.The 590, which I wanted to catch from Tod, over took the 594, and I was concerned about catching it. This winker was getting off at Key Sike Lane, but decided to continue the argument before alighting. I shouted from my seat, "I've another bus to catch,. Get off before I come over and throw you off!" Luckily the man listened to my advice. I would have done it. The driver thanked me later.

I wonder how these people do their job without losing their temper. I'm a patient man, but I'd have smacked one or two by now. Well done drivers!!
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Bus Drivers.. their patience! Empty Re: Bus Drivers.. their patience!

Post  cornish-pixie Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:38 am

Hi Z. The way we look at it is that these clowns are showing themselves up in front of a bus full of passengers. Also there will come a time when they want to get on a bus again with the same driver. It's gives us great pleasure to wave at them as we leave them stood at the bus stop as we drive past them. Laughing Laughing Laughing
cornish-pixie
cornish-pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarathustra Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks, CP. I can put up with idiotic behaviour from kids, but not from adults. That said I used to travel regularly on a bus (594 or 590) from the top of Tuel Lane to Tod. Some ignorant schoolkids, from North Halifax High, made the passengers', and the driver;s, life a nightmare. The bus was a total mess, "Beiruted" as a friend of mine says. The driver was unable to kick them off. The language was appalling, their respect for others was non-existent. Eventually the ring leader disappeared, after complaints to the school, and things improved.
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  cornish-pixie Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Screaming kids tend to be a nuisance as well sometimes. Thier parents occasionally apologise for thier behaviour when they get off the bus. I just tell them it's ok, they're only on the bus 10 minutes or so but you've got them 24 hours a day. Some of them seem to get a little upset for some reason. Laughing Laughing Laughing
cornish-pixie
cornish-pixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarathustra Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:32 am

cornish-pixie wrote:Screaming kids tend to be a nuisance as well sometimes. Thier parents occasionally apologise for thier behaviour when they get off the bus. I just tell them it's ok, they're only on the bus 10 minutes or so but you've got them 24 hours a day. Some of them seem to get a little upset for some reason. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Not quite 24, CP! Laughing Laughing Laughing
It's just their behaviour on buses (and trains) that I can't stand. If they misbehave they are a disgrace to their parents and their school. I've stopped them on a number of occasions. Once at Mytholmroyd station, when some hare-brained moron tried to kick the shelter in.
Zarathustra
Zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum